Looking for answers
Ask a question

How do I amend a payee reference?

You have the option to amend the payee reference when making a payment to an existing payee.

Alternatively, you can change an existing payee reference by taking the following steps:

  1. Log in to your Online Banking service at www.onlinebanking.natwestoffshore.com (opens in a new window)
  2. Select 'Payments and transfers' from the left hand menu
  3. From the 'Make a payment or transfer' section select 'Manage payees'.
  4. Select the appropriate payee from your list of current payees
  5. Select the 'Amend Payee' button and follow the instructions on screen

Please note: there isn't an option to amend the account number or sort code for an existing payee.

The payee reference contains the reference information provided when the payee was created. Any changes you make to the payee reference will not be reflected in any scheduled payments.

If you need to change the account number and sort code for a payee you will need to delete the existing payee and set them up again with the new account details.

Find out more on how to amend a scheduled payment.