How can we help you?

To change your name with the bank, for example, after getting married, divorced or gender reassignment, you will need to visit a branch.

Please remember to take legal proof of your name change as requests to change your name on your account must be supported by the following documents:

Marriage or civil partnership

Marriage Certificate or Civil Partnership Certificate.

Change of name

Deed Poll/Statutory Declaration (The bank does accept registered and non-registered Deed poll documents, see (opens in a new window) for more information)

Divorce / dissolution

Any of the below:

  • Decree Absolute and Birth Certificate, or
  • Decree Absolute and Passport, or
  • Final Dissolution Order and Birth Certificate, or
  • Marriage Certificate when reverting to maiden name/former name where the certificate contains both maiden and married name

Original documents must be provided.

Please note: The name change service is currently not available online or over the phone.

If you wish to amend your gender status on bank records please contact us via the branch, Telephone banking or Web chat. How do I change my gender status on my account?

If you do not wish to have a gender specific title on your account we can amend your records to Mx (a gender neutral title). I don't wish to have a gender specific title on my account, what should I do?

Looking for your nearest branch?
Find your nearest branch using our branch locator (opens in a new window).

Please note: This service is not available online or over the phone.

Ask Cora

Cora can help you with a wide range of queries and show you how to do your banking.

Available 24/7

Find Cora in the mobile app, Online Banking or our website