Looking for answers
Ask a question

How do I change my name with the bank?

You will need to inform the bank if you change your name after getting married, divorced or by deed poll.

Please remember you will need legal proof of your name change, as requests to change your name on your account must be supported by the following documents:

Marriage or civil partnership

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Civil Partnership Certificate.

Change of name

  • Deed Poll (Deed Poll will need to be registered using official forms, available from www.gov.uk)
  • Statutory Declaration

Divorce / dissolution

Any of the below:

  • Decree Absolute and Birth Certificate, or
  • Decree Absolute and Passport, or
  • Final Dissolution Order and Birth Certificate, or
  • Marriage Certificate when reverting to maiden name/former name where the certificate contains both maiden and married name

All of the above would either need to be original documents, or stamped and certified copies and accompanied by a copy of your previous signature and current signature.

You can either download, complete and return the change of personal details form (PDF, 102KB) to us or, if you live locally, you can complete a form in a branch.

Looking for your nearest branch?
Find your nearest branch using our branch locator (opens in a new window).

Please note: This is not something that can be done online, by email or over the phone.