In 2017 the process of cheque clearing in the UK will undergo an important and necessary change. What this will mean for customers is that cheques will clear much faster. The main difference is that instead of exchanging physical cheques, UK banks will exchange digital images of cheques.
We are currently developing new systems and processes to enable this change to take place in late 2017. We will of course update you ahead of these changes coming into force.
More information on this initiative, and how it applies across the UK banking industry, is available on the Cheque & Credit Clearing Company website (Opens in New Window).
- Cheque Clearing - What are the changes?
- Cheque Clearing - What are the benefits to me as a customer?
- Cheque Clearing - Will I be able to use my existing cheque book?
- Cheque Clearing - If the cheque processing time is quicker, does that mean money will leave my account more quickly as well?
- Cheque Clearing - When will the new changes be introduced?
- Cheque Clearing - How will I be kept informed about the new changes?
- Cheque Clearing - Can a cheque take longer than 2 days to clear?