Looking for answers
Ask a question

I am going abroad and don't want my card to be blocked, what should I do?

If you intend to use your personal debit card abroad it is best that you let us know. Telling us in advance that you're travelling will notify our transaction monitoring systems that you will be using your debit card abroad. This will significantly reduce the likelihood of your transactions being blocked.

If you are signed up for Online Banking or mobile banking (iPhone users only for now), you can log on and register details of your trip yourself.

When you log into the mobile app, select ‘Help’, then ‘Going abroad’ and follow the on screen instructions.

In Online Banking, select the ‘Debit card abroad’ link in the top right hand corner of your screen below the heading ‘Our Products’ and follow the on screen instructions.

Alternatively you can pop into a branch or call Telephone Banking where our staff would be happy to help do this for you. Just make sure you let us know at least 24 hours in advance. You should make a note of our numbers before you travel, so that you can get in touch with us easily if you need to.

Telephone banking
Jersey: 01534 282850 or +44 1534 282850 from outside the UK
Guernsey: 01481 703860 or +44 1481 703860 from outside the UK
Isle of Man: 01624 637190 or +44 1624 637190 from outside the UK
Gibraltar: 200 77737 or 00350 200 77737 from outside Gibraltar

Our Telephone Banking service is available Monday to Friday 7am to 7pm, Saturday 8am to 1pm. Calls may be recorded.

To report a lost or stolen card, cheque book or suspicious activity on your bank account please call:

Lost or stolen cards or cheque books
Jersey: 01534 282850
overseas: +44 1534 282850

Guernsey: 01481 703860
overseas: +44 1481 703860

Isle of Man: 01624 637190
overseas: +44 1624 637190

Gibraltar: 200 77737 or 200 73200
overseas: 00350 200 77737 or 00350 200 73200

Open Monday to Friday 7am - 7pm, Saturday 7am - 1pm, Sunday closed

Outside these hours please call 0370 600 0459 (+44 1268 500 813 from outside the UK).